PhotoLineup

PhotoLineup

Friday, September 25, 2015

The Chicken Coop the Grand Finale

Color, color, color.  Oh, what color was a girl to choose?  Go whimsical and quirky or neutral?  We decided on neutral to fit with the coops surroundings.  I decided on a blue pine color (exact name to come, as soon as I mozie out to the garage and dig through the countless paint cans to find it).  I liked the look of wood stain with greens or blues so I found a gallon of stain left behind in the garage from the previous owner and decided to put it to good use.  The run would be stained, the coop trim would be stained and the rest would be painted.  Here's the coop before we attached the run....





And here she is with the run attached.....



I allowed the hardware cloth to hang 2 feet below the bottom of the run and used it as an apron topped with river rocks.  That's a half log border you see trimming the run.  I added planters not only for decoration but for planting my herbs in.  Lavender, cilantro, oregano, and mint.

So after all that hard work, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say, it paid off.  In case you're wondering, the design of the coop is the Daisy Coop.  We purchased the plans online and it was our first official build, not bad for newbies.

See Part I
See Part II

Linking up to Chickadee Homestead.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! It looks fabulous Jill! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Homestead Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...